a chocolate lover’s
when life is happier
than it can ever seem
a sensual, sweet chocolate kiss
or a cup of hot cocoa
that sends our bodies and minds
into sheer states of higher bliss
straight from the hands of Swiss Miss
is there such a thing as chocolate juice?
a harmless drug
that comes in handy
we are addicted
as it creates a sense of delightful dandy
a savory dance for the taste buds
that awakens the soul
whatever the circumstance
as it nurtures a broken heart with
a warm, decadent hug
a chocolate lover’s dream
life’s a blast!
Melissa (a.k.a FoodVixen)
Double Chocolate Truffles
- 1- 1/3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup of heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons of butter, cubed
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1 cup of vanilla or white chips
- 2 tablespoons of shortening, divided
- 1 cup of milk chocolate chips
- In a microwave-safe bowl, melt the semisweet chocolate chips with whipping cream and butter at 50% power for 2- 3 minutes; stir until blended. Add vanilla; cool. Refrigerate until almost solid but still workable, about 1 hour.
- Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Microwave white chips and 1 tablespoon of shortening at 30% power until melted; stir until smooth. Dip balls in white chocolate mixture to coat. Place on waxed paper, let stand until set.
- Microwave milk chocolate chips and remaining shortening at 30% power until melted; stir until smooth. Dip balls into milk chocolate mixture to coat. Place on waxed paper; let stand until set.
Yield: 2- 1/2 dozen
(If you prefer orange truffles, use 3/4 teaspoon of orange extract in place of vanilla extract.)
My first attempt with this recipe did not work out as well as my second attempt. I am so proud of the fact that I made chocolate candy. I highly recommend it!!! This recipe is a delight to chocolate lovers of all kinds. 😉
(Courtesy of Ruth Gordon, Lakewood, New York)